The bike came
with Borrani rims front and rear, but it was only when I got it home
that I noticed that the front rim was in fact a rear rim. The front
hub is much smaller diameter than the rear hub and so the spokes are
at a different angle and of course length. The spokes on the front
wheel were all bent as a result. Both wheels needed rebuilding
anyway, so rather than just replacing one rim I chose to replace
both, taking the opportunity to go up one size front and rear. The
rims are now the recommended sizes for the tryes I use (90/90 front
and 110/90 rear).
dismantled the existing wheels I glass bead blasted the hubs,
sprocket carrier and brake backplate, before giving them a coat of
silver alloy wheel paint. The hubs were then sent off to Central
Wheels to be laced to 2.15" front and 2.5" rear Morad
(Akront tooling) flanged rims.